Required Textbook: Hagan, Frank E., Research Methods in Criminal Justice and Criminology, Pearson Education,Inc., 2014. ISBN: 978-0-13-300861-6.
1. What is the UCR? What are its major components? What are the major components of the crime index? The calculation of crime rate? What have been some major identified shortcomings of the UCR?
2. Given the identified shortcomings of the UCR, read and then discuss how features of the redesigned UCR may eliminate some of these shortcomings.
3. Discuss the National Incident-Based Reporting System. What are some of its principal features as well as advantages over the traditional UCR?
4. What are some possible explanations for the crime dip of the 1990s?
5. Discuss the various types of sampling and when it would be most appropriate to use each one.
6. For what is weighting used in disproportionate stratified sampling, and why would samples be disproportionately drawn in the first place?
Use APA Formatting