Write a 1,250- to 1,750-word paper addressing the following:
Ethics in criminal justice is an important topic that must be addressed by all involved in the profession. Read the following scenario and answer the questions associated with it.
SCENARIO: Officers Robert and Peel take their lunch break at a local diner. At the end of the meal, they each receive a check and notice that they received half off their total bill. The officers engage in a discussion on whether it is ethical to accept this gratuity.
- Debate the issue of the officers accepting minor gratuities. Take a side on the issue in the scenario and discuss whether it is permissible for the officers to accept minor gratuities or not.
- Then provide a counterargument to the first position you took on accepting minor gratuities.
- Why are ethics so important in criminal justice?
- What are three ethical principles of organizational leadership that relate to the scenario?
- Which principle would help solve the problem presented in the scenario?
- How would the three ethical principles address problems facing an agency?
- How should managers ensure that employees understand and exhibit ethical behaviors?
- Provide three illustrative examples to support your position.
Note: This assignment will require outside research. Include at least four peer-reviewed resources. You may consult the online Library, the internet, the textbook, other course material, and any other outside resources in supporting your task, using proper citations in APA style.