Take some time to engage in quiet introspection. There are no required questions to answer. Below are sample questions you may adapt and use; be sure to do work commensurate to an upper-level student.
- What have YOU come to believe that leadership is?
- What kinds of qualities, attitudes, and traits do you look for in a leader?
- How well do you model these in your own life?
- Describe specific times and events in your life where you have demonstrated these qualities.
- Rate yourself as a leader.
- What areas do you want to improve in your leadership this semester?
After considering your thoughts and perspective on leadership, youshould format your essay using the following:
- What is Leadership?
- Qualities, Attitudes, and Traits
- Modeling Leadership Behavior and Actions
- My Rating as a Leader
- Areas to Improve This Semester