Jurisdiction is very important within the court system because it is what decides whether the state or federal government has the authority to prosecute the case. In a 2–3-page paper, research the following:
- What is jurisdiction, and how does it impact state and federal courts?
- What is concurrent jurisdiction?
- Provide 2 examples of crimes for which the state court has jurisdiction, and 2 examples of crimes for which the federal court has jurisdiction. Why does each have jurisdiction for the crimes you have listed?
- Provide 1 example of a crime for which there is concurrent jurisdiction. In this case, where do you think the case should be prosecuted, and why?
- Provide APA citations and references.