Sometimes, clients come into the counseling session with an immediate crisis. They need an immediate solution to a problem. Counseling in these situations needs to be focused and goal oriented.
Jamila has been working with her counselor on learning to better manage her 9-year-old son. Last night, her son was hit by a car and is in the hospital. This has created a number of problems:
- She has to arrange childcare for her daughter so she can stay with her son in the hospital.
- He will need some special care when he gets home because he will be in a wheelchair.
- She is fearful that she will lose her job as a teacher’s aide in the local public school.
Write a 750-1,000-word paper addressing the following:
- How would you prioritize Jamila’s concerns in the counseling session? What would you address first?
- What steps would you take in this session to make sure that Jamila has the resources she needs right now?
- How would you help Jamila develop a plan to manage the current crisis?
- How could an interdisciplinary/multidisciplinary team help in this situation? Give an example of at least one interdisciplinary/multidisciplinary team member that would need to be added to her team and why.
- Describe how consultation would be used when working with Jamila.
Include at least three scholarly references in your paper.
Please include an introduction and conclusion
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide